These fat balls are filled with protein, healthy fats, and warming spices and are the perfect snack when my mid-afternoon slump hits. That’s usually when I go looking for carb-heavy treats which do not fit in with my commitment to reduce my carbs intake. Easy to make and store!
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- ⅔ cup raw pecans or almonds
- ⅓ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- ⅓ cup flax seed or sunflower seeds
- ¾ cup coconut oil
- 4 Medjool pitted dates
- 1- 3 T. honey or pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons Winter Spice Blend (recipe)
- (If you don’t have this available, add 2 t. ground cinnamon, ½ t. ground cardamon & ginger & ¼ tsp. each of nutmeg and clove
- Sea salt to taste
- Dried Coconut and/or ground cacao
Add all ingredients to a food processor and process until nuts are ground and the mixture comes together like a stiff dough. Taste for sweetness and flavor; add additional maple syrup or salt if desired.
Move to a covered container and refrigerate for several hours.
Once chilled, form balls and roll in coconut or cacao. Store in a plastic bag or covered container.